The collection obtained by the Baťa’s Company formed the basis of the art collection housed in the today’s Regional Gallery of Fine Arts in Zlín which was later administered by the nationalized company Svit. The art collections became the property of the new established gallery in 1953. Besides, the collection of drawings was systematically completed. When collecting the artworks, the gallery concentrates on the important contemporary or classical artists, not only the ones well known in the whole Czech Republic, but also on the local artists regarding its regional character. It is possible to divide the history of the collection of drawings into three periods: The first one starts in 1953. All the works obtained in this year originate from the collections of the Baťa’s Company. During the second period lasting from 1953 to 1990 the collection of drawings was completed with the works of the important artists from the 20th century. The gallery’s aim has been to collect the works by the artists who influence the form of today’s contemporary art since 1990.